It’s a wrap! We just put the 2019 Funding Drive to bed, and we are very happy to report that we not only hit our goal of $25,000, we blew past it for a total of $28,169.65. Thanks to all who helped us out!
Now, before you go, “WOW!” let us break down how this works. This total includes monthly subscribers, annual memberships, one-time donations, and proceeds from the KCR Comedy Night benefit show at Finley’s. (Not totally sure where the sixty-five cents came from, but we’ll put it to good use.)
Does this mean we can relax? Nope. Not even close. We’re still facing an estimated deficit of roughly $17,000 at our fiscal year end, but this helped us knock it down from a projected deficit of $20,000 and has given us some breathing room as we re-launch our sponsorship department, which was largely the reason why we are in a deficit situation.
So do we still need your help to rebuild our financial well-being here at KCR? Most definitely. Here’s what you can do to help:
- If you still haven’t renewed your membership or made a donation, you can do that right now, or anytime throughout the year. (Though, right now would be great!)
- Buy a fist-full of $2 raffle tickets for a chance to win a Tarpon 100 kayak from ROAM valued at $1200.
- Turn out for upcoming KCR events like the upcoming PLaymor Big Band concert happening on Saturday, June 8th at the Rod & Gun Club, or our somewhat famous Record Swap happening on September 7th.
- If you are a business owner/entrepreneur talk to us about becoming a sponsor. When you advertise on KCR, you are reaching a dedicated audience who appreciates your support for this station.
- Serve as an ambassador for KCR. If you like what we are throwing down, please tell your friends. It could be a specific show, or shows that you like. Check out our schedule, and tell people to tune in!
- Come volunteer! We’re always looking for fresh meat, er, new folks to help us out! No, seriously, running a 24/7 media outlet is serious business, and as they say, “many hands make light work”. We need programmers, board and committee members, and people with skills. If this is you, come by the station, or drop us a line.
On behalf of KCR’s board, staff, and the dozens (and dozens) of volunteers here at Kootenay Coop Radio, thank you. Your support came through at a time when it was desperately needed.