KCR is looking for a master multi-tasker with excellent organizational skills and people skills. To be successful as an Administrative Manager, candidates should be professional and teamwork-oriented, while also being accurate in their day-to-day administrative and financial tasks. They should be comfortable with software such as the Microsoft Office Suite and QuickBooks Online. Most importantly, the Administrative Manager should have a genuine desire to further the mission of Kootenay Co-op Radio as part of the staff and volunteer team.
This posting will cover KCR’s Administrative Manager while she is on maternity leave.
Hours – 22 hrs/wk
Contract runs: Feb 1st 2019 to August 31, 2020
10 hrs of training between Jan 22 – Feb 1st 2019
Administrative Manager Responsibilities:
- Works with the Board of Directors, Finance Committee, Treasurer, and Accountant to manage KCR finances
- Achieves financial objectives by: anticipating requirements, tracking expenditures, monitoring costs, and analyzing variances
- Collects information for annual budget preparation and finds ways to reduce costs of supplies and services
- Maintains and improves KCR filing systems
- Processes and records Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable (including payroll)
- Manages inventory of merchandise
- Manages membership database
- Identifies grant opportunities, oversees grant writing and administers financial aspects of grants, liaising with funders (with Operations Manager)
- Works with board and Operations Manager to ensure regulatory and legal compliance
- Convenes and attends bi-monthly staff meetings
- Work with Member Audit Committee annually
- Participates in KCR’s strategic planning process
- When applicable, completes special projects by organizing and coordinating information and requirements; planning, arranging, and meeting schedules; monitoring results.
Administrative Manager Qualifications:
- Diploma or Degree in related field an asset.
- Prior administrative and financial experience
- Excellent computer skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience working with boards or in a non-profit environment.
- Desire to be proactive and involved in KCR-led initiatives.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter to: email@example.com.
Application deadline is
Thursday, December 20, 9am Friday, January 5th, 2019 @ 5pm. While we thank everyone for their applications, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Kootenay Co-op Radio is an Equal Opportunity Employer.