Kootenay Co-op Radio is looking for the right person to help us re-boot our sponsorship program. The ideal candidate will be a highly-organized self-starter who loves working with people and provides great on-going customer service. The Sponsorship Coordinator will help us:
- Re-develop our sponsorship program.
- Sell a mix of on-air advertisements (spots) and show sponsorships, as well as develop strategic partnerships with local businesses, organizations, and festivals to exchange radio spots for goods/services).
- Work with clients to get their message out to our listeners, and ensure they are happy with their service.
Based out of Nelson, B.C., Kootenay Co-op Radio serves communities in New Denver, the South Slocan, Crawford Bay, and the greater Nelson area. Our small, but mighty team of paid staff, work with over 100 volunteers to offer an eclectic range of music and current affairs programming that reflects the diversity of the West Kootenay region.
If you are looking for a career that offers a creative environment, challenging work, growth potential, and knowledge that you are helping to grow a Kootenay institution, you should come work for Kootenay Co-op Radio.
Application deadline is April 7, 2019 @ Midnight. While we thank everyone for their applications, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
To apply, send your letter and resume to kootenaycoopradiohiring(at)gmail(dot)com.
Read the full job description below:
Title: Sponsorship Coordinator
Duration of position: 6 month position with possibility of renewal.
Number of hours per week: 20 hours
Rate of pay: $16 per hour + 10% Commission (Commission ratio is negotiable)
Requirements: Phone, Home office, Computer, Car
Area of Responsibilities
- Re-developing sponsorship at KCR
- Sponsorship sales
- Planning sales initiatives, tracking, invoicing, and reporting
- Board of Directors
- Administrative Manager (financial targets and reporting)
- Personnel Committee
- Board of Directors
- Administrative Manager
- Sponsorship Spot Producer
- Programming and Operations Manager
- Sponsorship Team
Networking and Sales
- Reach out to local businesses, organizations, and festivals to discuss their business cycles and advertising requirements.
- Inform prospects of the benefits of working with KCR and various sponsorship and partnership options.
- Work with clients to develop sponsorship or partnership plans that best suit their needs, while meeting KCR’s sponsorship guidelines.
- Provide ongoing and timely support to ensure client satisfaction and sponsorship and partnership renewals.
- Provide timely invoicing, collect payments, and follow up on overdue accounts.
- Maintain rate sheet.
Planning, Tracking, and Reporting:
- Work with the Administrative Manager and Sponsorship Team to re-design current system for tracking prospects through the sales pipeline, invoicing, and reporting.
- Assist the Administrative Manager, Finance Committee, and KCR Board in budget planning by setting achievable sales targets and revenue forecasts, and providing prompt notification if such forecasts are jeopardized. Meet with Administrative Manager to discuss monthly financial targets and invoicing.
- Work with Sponsorship Team to develop strategies to increase sponsorship revenue.
- Track progress of sales through pipeline.
- Maintain records of all financial transactions to ensure sponsors are invoiced on time, payments are made, and contracts renewed.
- Prepare a monthly report for the Administrative Manager and Board of Directors which provides up-to-date insights for revenue, current sponsors, status of sales pipeline, invoicing, and new business initiatives.
- Make recommendations to the Board for improving efficiency of sponsorship systems (networking, sales, reporting).
Spot Production and Programming:
- Educate sponsors as to how spot production works, and what kind of spots we run (part of sales process).
- Work with clients to develop script prior to pass off to Spot Producer for recording and production.
- Get sponsor sign-off on all completed spots before going to air.
- Work with Spot Producer to get spots to air in a timely manner, to ensure they meet client deadlines.
- Work with sponsor to determine optimum spot placement.
- Track spots through the schedule to ensure obligations are met, and contracts up for renewal are maintained.
Kootenay Co-op Radio is an Equal Opportunity Employer.