Kootenay Co-op Radio is looking for someone to help us create advertising spots. If you have a few hours to spare each week, some recording experience, and a desire to help out KCR, let’s talk! We’re offering 5 hours to start, with a possibility that hours will increase as demand grows.
Application deadline is April 14, 2019 @ Midnight. While we thank everyone for their applications, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
To apply, send your letter and resume to kootenaycoopradiohiring(at)gmail(dot)com.
- Duration of position: 6 month position with possibility of renewal.
- Number of hours per week to start: 5 hours (hours will increase as required.)
- Rate of pay: $16/hr
Areas of Responsibility
- Production of sponsorship and in-house spots
- Scheduling and tracking spots
- Managing volunteers to voice spots
- Managing music beds
- Personnel Committee
- Sponsorship Coordinator (ensures high quality spots are produced in a timely manner)
- Administrative Manager
- Programming and Operations Manager
- Sponsorship team
- Volunteers voice talent
- Work with Sponsorship Coordinator to finalise scripts
- Finding appropriate and diverse voices for spots
- Recording voices
- Sourcing and recording appropriate music beds
- Updating spots as required
- Maintain a list of volunteers for sponsorship voices
- Recruit new voices as needed
- Work with Sponsorship Coordinator, oversee work of volunteers
- Produce a matrix of hourly/weekly sponsorship spot scheduling
- Program spots into schedule
- Oversee the completion of detailed logs for tracking of spots
Reporting / Communications
- Track spot production from scripting through to scheduling.
- Provide detailed weekly reports on scheduled spots to ensure contractual obligations are met.
- Collaborate with Sponsorship Coordinator.
- Report problems/challenges to Sponsorship Coordinator
Establish and maintain a storage and filing system of all sponsorship-related audio and text files that can be easily transferred to a successor.