Do you love the Kootenay Music scene? Do you want to help it grow? Have we got a nifty short-term contract for you! Kootenay Co-op Radio is hiring a coordinator for the 2019 Kootenay Music Awards happening in March.
The KMA coordinator will work closely with the Kootenay Co-op Radio Outreach Coordinator to perform a range of duties to support the KMA program. Compensation is 1,700 to $2,000 depending on sales experience, plus 10% commission on sales.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter to: email@example.com. Application deadline is Monday, November 5, 9am. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Kootenay Co-op Radio KMA Coordinator Job Description
- Report bi-weekly to the KCR Staff Collective
- Work with the Sponsorship Coordinator
Overview of Responsibilities:
The Kootenay Music Awards Coordinator will plan and execute the 2019 KMAs. Qualities sought:
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Extremely organized and reliable
- Excellent volunteer management and people skills
- Effective multi-tasker
- Resourceful, and solution-oriented
- Proven success with event planning
- Reliable, meets deadline
Detailed Areas of Responsibility:
THE KMA COORDINATOR will organize the 7th Annual Kootenay Music Awards (KMAs) in March 2019
Tasks will include:
- Working with the Sponsorship Coordinator and website designer to publicise the KMAs well in advance on multiple social media platforms
- Securing sponsorships with local businesses and organizations well in advance
- Working with the Sponsorship Coordinator to promote KMAs on KCR’s airwaves by creating an on air promo and coordinating a strategy to get participating artists played live or taped on KCR
- Contacting, liaising with, and supervising the award selection panelists
- Contacting and liaising with event audio/visual and other event support
- Liaising with award venue
- Booking performing artists
- Supervising event volunteers (Recruitment will be done in collaboration with the KCR Staff Collective)
- Recruit and organize the listening jury panel
- Coordinate with tickets outlets
- Managing event and ensuring it runs smoothly: Revised room layout, prepare all necessary material, welcome and guide participants, liaise with personnel of the venue, supervise volunteers and stage manager, etc.
- Set up and manage the online voting system
- Complete final report (see template in Appendix) and submitting it to the Community Outreach coordinator
Reporting and Monitoring
- Meet with the KCR Sponsorship Coordinator as needed.
- Meet with KCR Staff Collective every 2 weeks
- Meet with Board as requested
- $1,700 to $2,000 depending on sales experience, paid in 4 instalments. 10% sponsorship commission on sales.
HOW TO APPLY:
How to apply: Please submit your resume and a cover letter kootenaycoopradio@gmail. Application deadline is Monday, November 5, 9am. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.