Testing. Testing. Is this thing on?
Feast your eyes on the Kootenay Co-op Radio website! After a year of planning and development (and a few sleepless nights), we are very excited to introduce you to our new website.
What’s changed? Pretty much everything. It has a radical new look, the usability is much better, it’s been optimized for use on mobile devices, and we’ve created space for Bandwidth magazine, which means we’ll be delivering considerably more digital content.
Some features to check out
- The audio player is front and centre on the landing page, tells you what is playing, and what is coming up next.
- It is mobile-friendly, so please enjoy on your smart device.
- Our schedule is now interactive.
- Finding a show is much easier.
- Episodes that have been uploaded to the site are available for download, or you can listen right in our audio player. (We haven’t started uploading shows yet, so hold tight.)
- The landing page photo will renew each week and feature an image of life in the Kootenays.
In the coming months, we’ll continue to add new features, and improve usability. Please expect to encounter the occasional bug, and be patient while we hunt them down. Like everything else at KCR, it is run by a team of volunteers, so we do what we can. Speaking of which, we would like to express our eternal gratitude to the team at Green-Light. Without their effort, especially that of Mandep Kaur and Keith Page, this endeavour would never have been possible. Through their hand-holding, hard work, and patience, we were able to launch this site!
We would invite you to tell us what you think, but as you can see, no comments. Why? Because the internet is full of spambots that will try to sell you pills, or convince you that you can make $500 per day, and we simply can’t deal with them. Instead, we invite you to pop us an email if you have questions or concerns, or chat with us on Facebook or Twitter.